Content marketing continues to gain steam as one of the best ways to get your brand and products into your target audience's eyes, ears, and minds. With so many options out there as to where to get your content created — and whether to go with humans or AI — it can be overwhelming to find the right partner for your project and budget.
Content creation is one of the most important aspects of any company's marketing strategy. Whether it's a blog post about your new product or a video explaining your latest software update, content needs to be created to get your message out there and establish yourself as an expert in your field.
Two main types of content need to be created for this purpose: text-based and visual (video). Text-based content can include anything from blog posts to articles, while visual content could include videos or infographics.
This piece will focus solely on the latter, but both are equally important if you want to succeed online in today's marketplace. To help you make an informed decision, here's an ultimate showdown between human and AI content creators, so you can decide which is better suited for your content creation needs!
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence, or AI, is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. These processes include learning (the acquisition of information and rules for using the information), reasoning (using logic to reach approximate or definite conclusions), and problem-solving (the identification of a problem and the formulation of a plan for solving it).
Artificial Intelligence can be applied to any intellectual task. While artificial intelligence has been around since the 1950s, it became more popular in the early 2010s with increased investment in research and growing interest from software companies.
In recent years, artificial intelligence has been employed to perform different tasks in different industries such as healthcare, robotics, finance, etc., and became popularized with major search engines like Google using it to develop intelligent machines that can understand human language and query them for better results. Over the years, we have seen AI evolve from a concept to what it is today.
What Is AI-Generated Content?
AI-generated content is any content created by artificial intelligence rather than a human. AI can be used for many things, including generating text, recognizing images, and translating languages. There are two main types of AI-generated content: machine-read text and computer-generated audio/video.
Machine-read text includes any text generated from a machine in response to human prompts or instructions (e.g., descriptions of products). Computer-generated audio/video includes any video or audio recording created by a computer system without human input (e.g., movie trailers).
Here are a few examples of some of the most popular AI content generators available today.
· AI Writer
· Jasper AI
· Copy AI
· Smart Copy By Unbounce
How Is AI Content Created?
There are many ways in which artificial intelligence can be used for content creation, including text generation programs that can write articles, speeches, and other kinds of texts or chatbots that can serve as customer service representatives who respond to questions and complaints
AI-based content creation makes use of online data to create content. Utilizing natural language processing (NLP) and natural language generation (NLG) technology, artificial intelligence tools teach themselves all they can about a topic and generate sentences with the words they've been preprogrammed to learn.
Content AI tools usually allow you to select the type of content you want them to generate. Here is a brief step-by-step process of generating content using AI.
· Type in the topic in the topic box.
· In the description box, type in a detailed description of the topic you want to cover.
· Import the keywords you want to use.
· Select an emotion. This is the emotion you would like to convey to your readers.
After the AI writer does a simple series of searches and calculates what information would be needed for the project, it will usually take less than a few minutes to write a related article. You can input your feedback or select a style for your tool after it finishes writing so that it gradually improves over time to meet your needs.
Here is an example of how to generate content using Jasper. Jasper is one of the most popular AI content generators available today.
· Step 1: Generating titles
· Step 2: Pick a topic from the generated options
· Step 3: Create an outline for your article
· Step 4: Generate a blog from the outline generated
· Example of an article generated by Jasper AI
What is Human Generated Content?
Human-generated content is any form of content that a human created. This includes but is not limited to: blog posts, articles, reviews, social media updates, videos, images, and so on. There are many benefits to using this type of content in your marketing strategy. First, the original content will help build a trustworthy brand.
It also helps get your message out more quickly than traditional advertising methods like print ads or commercials can. Plus, with social media channels like Facebook, where people constantly scroll through their feeds looking for new things, human-generated content is easily shared without much effort.
How is Human Generated Content Created?
Human-generated content is created in various ways, from uploading pictures to blogs or even sending in reviews. A few things need to be looked at for human-generated content to be successful. The first thing is the quality of the content; without quality content, no one will want to read your site or blog posts.
Writing a blog is a great way to engage with your customers, share industry insight, and cultivate relationships that will help your business grow. Here are a few tips to get started:
· Have an idea in mind before you start writing. Think of the topics or questions you want to address in the blog post. This will help make sure that your blog post has a clear purpose.
· Write concisely! Keep paragraphs short, sentences tight, and words simple.
· Include images! Images increase readers' comprehension of text by up to 74%. Images also give your content personality, so use them as often as possible.
· Link your posts. Your blog is just one part of a larger ecosystem. Make sure that readers can easily connect with other parts of your business by linking to other valuable resources and leveraging tags.
Example of human-generated content.
How To Tell the Difference Between Content Done by AI And Humans?
It may be difficult to determine if your content was written by humans or by artificial intelligence (AI). Some of the best AIs currently available are so good that it can be almost impossible to tell the difference between their content and that of human writers!
But there are several ways you can tell if you're being served up AI-generated content on your website or social media accounts instead of authentic, original, creative work from real humans. Here are some ways to tell if the content was written by a human or AI.
The Quality of AI-Generated Content Can Be Spotty at Times
The quality of an AI-generated piece of content can sometimes vary since it is based on a set of algorithms and not written manually. When you examine an AI-generated piece of content, look for spelling and grammatical mistakes that may indicate that it was generated automatically instead of being created by a human writer with expertise in this area.
Humans Have a Better Grasp of Creative Processes
Creativity is hard to define, but it's something that humans grasp better than computers. Computers can write content that sounds human, but they don't have the creative processes that humans do.
They need someone who can feed them information and then tell them what kind of content they should generate to sound natural and fluent. This is where humans come into play because only humans can feed this process information and tell computers what kind of content they should generate, so it sounds natural.
Only Humans Can Improve Personal Connections with Audiences
As the world becomes more and more digitalized, it is becoming increasingly difficult to differentiate between content that was done by a human and content that AI did. However, one way to tell the difference is to look at whether or not the content creator can improve personal connections with audiences.
The success of any brand relies on how well they connect with its audience. AI content has no emotions, meaning it cannot change its tone based on who is reading its post. Whereas humans can adjust what they say based on who they are speaking to create a more genuine connection.
AI-Based Content Can Only Work from Existing Sources of Data
AI-based content relies on data points to create readable content. Data may include headlines, story structure, topics, and word choice. AI-based content also needs existing data sources to produce compelling stories that are accurate and relevant for readers. If you want your company's content to be credible and effective, you'll need more than just good data sources; you'll also need high-quality information.
Does AI Content Rank on Google?
Content generated by AI has been deemed spam by Google. Al content essentially contains pre-generated material, so it goes against Google guidelines.
The problem Google has is that they cannot claim to be able to tell when someone has used AI writer software. SEMrush decided to test its machine learning capabilities by generating several pages with no search engine optimizations other than link building. Several of the pages achieved rankings, suggesting that if these blogs had been fully optimized, they could have achieved impressive results.
This, in addition to the claim by other users that AI content writing helped them obtain their rankings, indicates that Google is not yet able to distinguish between AI and human-written content. It doesn't help that GPT3 – the machine learning model utilized by AI writing tools – is less detectable by search engines, making it harder to counteract.
Google has always advocated writing for your target audience, not search engines. To create content that resonates with your audience, you need to be knowledgeable about the industry, listen to your audience, so you know how to solve problems for them, and so on. Plain and simple: by relying solely on basic keyword research and outsourced automatic writing to complete content for your blog, you'll produce stuff that doesn't hit home with your audience.
How Does Google Rank Human-Generated Content?
Google is always changing, and it's hard to know what they are looking for. But, at the end of the day, Google wants your content to be human-generated because that means you're a real person. Google also wants to keep it simple.
The more complicated your site is, the less likely they will rank you highly on their search engine results page (SERP). So, what does this mean? You'll want to create content with minimal distractions and keep an eye on how often you post new content.
Google uses a ranking system called PageRank to rank human-generated content. PageRank is based on the number of sites linking back to a page, the number of links that point to other pages from that page, and the popularity of those sites.
Essentially, the more people who link to your site from their site, the better their site ranks in Google's search engine results pages (SERPs), and your site will rank higher in Google's search engine results pages.
It is a simple algorithm. However, there are strategies you can employ to increase your ranking on Google SERPs that won't come naturally if you start publishing content right away. For example, you'll have an easier time with your ranking if you publish longer and more detailed content instead of shorter posts like status updates or tweets.
Benefits Of Human-Generated Content
· While artificial intelligence and machine learning are incredibly beneficial for businesses in various ways, human writers can produce content with an emotional resonance that drives consumers to action.
· You'll never be able to create the same emotional impact with an AI writer as you will with a human writer who can understand the psychology behind what they are writing and provide personalized responses based on their audience's interests, desires, and goals.
· Writing is about much more than words - it's about understanding how your message will resonate with your reader. What is driving them? What are their motivations? How do they view the world? A person, not an algorithm, can only answer all these things.
· Machines might be fast at churning out copies, but human writers know how to tap into people's emotions and speak directly to them - and that makes all the difference when trying to build up a relationship with potential customers or new prospects
· If you're looking for creative, thoughtful content that speaks to your customer base authentically, use a human writer!
Drawbacks Of Human-Generated Content
· The human writer may not be as knowledgeable about the subject matter as an industry expert and could create content with mistakes.
· Human writers may be unable to think on their feet and come up with unique ideas for content, making it difficult for them to produce interesting posts.
· Finding the right human writer is time-consuming because they are in such high demand.
· Producing high-quality blog content using humans is also very expensive because you need a large staff that produces enough content for your website daily. This costs money regarding salaries and benefits packages that need to be met.
· Employing people to write content for your business creates inconsistency in the material published on your site. You will never know what you'll get until someone writes it. A typical employee might have only two hours each day to work on blog posts, so there will be gaps between updates during the work week, weekends and holidays.
· Human writers cannot scale at lightning speeds like automation technology such as SEO robots do, so hiring humans may not provide enough consistency for your needs if you want a steady flow of fresh content.
Benefits of Using AI to Generate Content
· AI is not limited by human creativity, which means it can generate content 24/7 without breaks, holidays, or being tired.
· It's easy and inexpensive to set up - you need a computer with internet access and some software (sometimes free), and you're good to go!
· You don't need to write or research any of your content, so you can get your articles written much faster and more cost-effectively than with traditional methods!
· Whether you are writing for your blog or someone else's, being in the zone is a must. AI-generated content can reduce writer's block by inspiring content writers when they need it most.
· It can take a long time for writers to develop engaging and informative content. AI-generated content does not need to be created by a writer, so it will always be fresh and timely.
Drawbacks Of AI-Generated Content
· As mentioned, AI article writers can't create content that resonates with audiences and well-written human content because AI tools can't fully understand human emotions and motivations.
· Inability to pick up certain nuances in language - AI tools are prone to making mistakes when explaining information.
· It can hinder creativity and collaboration because of a lack of cohesion. It is not 100% perfect - generated content may not be readable, or it may offer incorrect information that needs to be clarified by someone before going live. Some long-form content writing with AI feels repetitive and monotonous as well.
· Due to AI tools' inability to understand the language they use and dig deep into what they are saying, they are not well suited for certain industries, such as healthcare.
· The AI tools are not all up to date. Jasper, for example, was last trained in 2019.
Deciding Between AI Or Human-Created Content
A lot of people are still on the fence about using content generated by artificial intelligence. Some people believe that a machine can't create content that is as engaging and emotionally driven as human-generated content.
Others, however, argue that AI has the potential to be better than humans because it doesn't get tired or need breaks as humans do. They also say the content is more uniform and consistent than if different writers created it.
Whatever your preference, one thing's certain: you have options. You don't have to use content generated by artificial intelligence if you don't want to, but if you choose that option, it can save you a lot of time and stress.
Making The Most Of AI-Generated Content: There are many ways that companies and professionals alike can harness artificial intelligence to create more engaging content without having to generate new material all on their own constantly.
Can AI Replace Content Writers?
Artificial intelligence has made many strides recently, but will it replace human writers? AI has been applied successfully in medical diagnosis, financial decision-making, and translating texts into a target language.
However, there are still some tasks that AI struggles with—tasks that require creativity or understanding nuance. The work of writing is too complicated for computers. As a result, AI is unlikely to replace human writers for the foreseeable future.
Computers excel at presenting information already given to them and often struggle when they have to come up with their ideas on the fly. The best way to think about this is by analogy: Computers can play chess but don't create it. It's possible that AI could one day be able to write a good essay without any help from humans, but we're not close enough yet!
AI VS Human Writers Who Wins?
Whether an amateur blogger or a seasoned writer, creating original content should be at the top of your priority list if you want to make any impact in your niche or industry.
But how do you decide whether you should create all your content by hand or leverage artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to generate it? You might already have some experience writing content for blogs, articles, posts, reviews, summaries, etc., so you might feel confident about creating every single word yourself. On the other hand, you may not have much time to spare because of your day job or personal life.
If this sounds like you, then using AI might be worth considering, as it could significantly reduce the time spent creating content, leading to more frequent posting updates. There's no 'right' answer when deciding whether to use human writers or AI.
Ultimately it comes down to personal preference and budget - do you want exclusive high-quality content created by humans or cheaper generic-quality articles generated by algorithms?